Saturday, April 03, 2004

My, my how time does fly!

One year ago today I was SCARED!! I don't mean a little apprehensive, I mean, I was sure labor and delivery was going to kill me. My friend had just had a baby on April 1 and she was still alive, but that was little assurance as to how my sweet little girl would enter the world. I worried all day. I might as well not have even gone to work because I wasn't really there. One little boy said, "Boy Miss Jennifer, your stomach is really big. When's that baby coming out?" "Soon. And then I'll bring her in to visit you OK?" All I could really think was, "...if I live so long."
I know it sounds dramatic, but if you know me, you're not that surprised.
Truthfully, that morning I didn't know tomorrow would be the day. I had a drs. appointment at 3:00 p.m. and she said, "If you want to do it tomorrow, I'll have orders at the front desk for you at 6:00 a.m., or we can wait and see what happens." My mother and sister were with me when I made my decision to "do it tomorrow." WHAT?? TOMORROW IS ONLY HOURS AWAY!! THERE'S NO WAY I'M GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS!!! Too late. I had no choice. No turning back.
I was scared and excited and unsure and nervous and scared and anxious and scared and excited.
We didn't sleep that night, I'm not even sure why we tried. But we were both awake long before my alarm went off. My sister played all of our favorite music that next morning on our way to St. Mary's.
What a difference a year makes!!! I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: