Tuesday, February 24, 2004

So...
Sleeping is not going so well. We tried the "let her cry a little bit and then go in and reassure her, sit next to her and she will go to sleep." That is not true for our child. She cried until she almost vomited twice and when I finally did pick her up after probably 20 minutes, it took almost 25 minutes to calm her down. That sucked. Won't do that again for a while.
A trusted friend recommended limiting her naps after 4 or 5 o'clock. We'll give it a shot. I don't know how well it will work. I think she said we should try giving it a month. That is how long it takes to establish a habit. She is fairly educated so I feel like we should at least try.
John and I are a lot like walking zombies. Lauren is well rested after sleeping side-ways in our bed for almost the last two weeks. Now, before my mailbox is bombarded with "the dangers of babies in adult beds", fear not. I don't actually sleep when she is there. We do put her to bed in her own bed, but the last three nights at 3:03 a.m., WAH!! WAH!! How do I reset her internal clock? Push two buttons at once like on a watch? Change her time zones? How?
She is still the light of our lives and growing so fast. Will it ever slow down?

No comments: