Saturday, August 07, 2004

This is my dilemma

I used to give Lauren a bottle every night and hold her until she was sleeping. Then, quietly, I would tip-toe down the hall and put her in her bed, raise the rail and tip-toe out again, closing the door behind me. That is now a thing of the past. I still give her a bottle and hold her until she is sleeping, but here's the catch. She no longer stays asleep once I put her in her bed. She bolts up and starts SCREAMING!!! I don't mean a little bit either. I mean, full on, "someone is trying to rip my arm off" screaming. It last for anywhere from 5-20 minutes and is very sad to hear, but I think necessary. I have started shortening the time that I hold her sleeping in hopes that one day, I will be able to put her in her bed while she is still awake. At this point, however, that seems like a pipe dream. Fingers crossed for us tonight!!!

No comments: