Monday, August 30, 2004

The tale of the impending babysitter...

Sounds spooky doesn't it? It is. Believe me. We are going to Chicago Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and will be seeing a taping of Oprah. It will be my second time to go and John's first. Still exciting but this time with a twist. Since we are going, so is Lauren and I am a little nervous about using a babysitting service where I call, reserve a babysitter, babysitter comes to our hotel, we leave, come back and Lauren has played (I HOPE!) the whole time and is well rested and ready for our next adventure. I hope so. They sitters are licensed, screened, insured, and bonded. Still, butterflies have decided to reside in my stomach and John's.
I'm sure everything will be fine. In case it's not, John has opted to give up his ticket and stay with the baby and I will go see Oprah solo. It's a small price to pay for safety. But I'm sure she'll be fine.
I hope so.

No comments: